7 March 2012 Key findings: It is estimated that at the start of January 2012: There are 26.7 million homes in Great Britain. Of these …
7 March 2012
It is estimated that at the start of January 2012:
- There are 26.7 million homes in Great Britain. Of these 23.3 million have lofts, 18.9 million have cavity walls with the remaining 7.8 million having solid walls.
- Through Government schemes since April 2008 (the start of CERT), there have been 3.8 million lofts insulated, 2.0 million cavity walls insulated and 58,000 solid walls insulated.
- Compared with October 2011, 370,000 more properties had loft insulation, 160,000 more had cavity wall insulation and 6,000 more had solid wall insulation.
- 14.1 million homes had loft insulation of at least 125mm (60 per cent of homes with lofts).
- 11.2 million homes had cavity wall insulation (59 per cent of homes with cavity walls)
- 122,000 homes had solid wall insulation (2 per cent of homes with solid walls).