Statistical Press Notice: Access to GUM services
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Monthly access to GUM services statistics were released today by the Department of Health
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 30th September 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours.
Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.91% for September 2011, it was 99.86% for August 2011.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 87.87% for September 2011, it was 88.70% for August 2011.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 139,317 in September 2011 which is 6,333 per working day, it was 6,080 per working day in August 2011.
- The total number of attendances was 192,897 in September 2011 which is 8,768 per working day, it was 8,568 per working day in August 2011.
- The collection covers 133 NHS providers & 3 Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Full details of the GUMAMM data can be found on the Department of Health website.
Published: 24 November 2011
From: Department of Health