Social mobility - help young people on the road to employment
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The Social Mobility Business Compact wants to ensure that all young people have fair and open access to employment opportunities.
Why you should join the Social Mobility Business Compact today:
- would you like to be recognised for your commitment to social mobility?
- do you want to receive help and support for your social mobility issues?
- do you want to be part of this government initiative with no cost involved?
Then join the Social Mobility Business Compact (SMBC). The SMBC was set up by the Deputy Prime Minister to ensure that all young people have fair and open access to employment opportunities. The compact currently consist of 150 signatories who want to:
- raise aspirations by working with communities and local schools
- provide opportunities for all young people to get onto the job market
- recruit openly and fairly, ensuring non-discrimination and not using informal networks
Being part of the compact will give you the opportunity to network with other members, share your ideas and best practice and be part of a government policy. You will also be able to gain support from other organisations that are already part of the compact along with the government’s backing.
If you think you have anything to bring to the SMBC or if you would benefit in any way shape or form then we urge you to apply and become part of this amazing opportunity.