The cyber security code of practice for ships was launched by Lord Callanan at Inmarsat yesterday as part of London International Shipping Week.
The MAIB assisted with the development of this guidance, which provides actionable advice on:
- developing a cyber security assessment and plan to manage risk
- handling security breaches and incidents
- highlighting national and international standards used
- the relationship to existing regulation
The code is to be used with organisation’s:
- risk management systems
- subsequent business planning
The code of practice can be downloaded from GOV.UK.
Published 14 September 2017