The Department of Energy and Climate Change today published three analytical publications. These are: DECC’s updated Energy and Emissions…
The Department of Energy and Climate Change today published three analytical publications. These are:
- DECC’s updated Energy and Emissions Projections - these provide an updated projection of energy demand, supply and greenhouse gas emissions.
- updated short-term traded carbon values for UK public policy appraisal - these numbers are used by Government Departments to assess the economic impact of certain energy and climate change policies.
- a report on electricity generation costs, by Mott MacDonald - independently produced, this report outline one view of assumptions around the costs of generating energy from various technologies
None of these reports take into consideration the policies announced in the coalition government’s Programme for Government.
Notes for editors
- The Energy and Emissions report and Mott MacDonald study are available to download from: http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/statistics/projections/projections.aspx
- The carbon values data is available at: http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/what_we_do/lc_uk/valuation/valuation.aspx