This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Embassy in Morocco invites applications for the position of IT Support Officer (ITSO).
The British Embassy in Rabat has an immediate vacancy for the position of full-time IT Support Officer (ITSO).
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Corporate Services in Rabat until November, and then to a specialist Senior Technical Support Officer (who will be joining the team). They will be part of the Morocco network Corporate Services team.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is resourceful and works well under pressure. Training will be provided both in London and with regional peers.
Candidates must have:
- High standard of spoken and written English (IELTS score of at least 7 or equivalent)
- Bilingual level of spoken and written French
- Working knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Working experience in the IT field
The IT Support Officer’s duties and responsibilities will include:
IT responsibilities (80% of role)
- Leading on maintaining equipment and infrastructure of the Embassy’s main IT system, laptops, mobiles and FCO business applications;
- Administrating and maintaining the Embassy’s standalone machines and local area networks;
- Liaising and communicating with various outside suppliers to ensure smooth service and resolve any issues;
- Ensuring the Embassy’s IT configuration for crisis management and business continuity;
- Providing a focal point for IT users in Rabat and IT Support Officer in Casablanca on all IT related queries which cannot be resolved by the Helpdesk remotely.
- Ensuring the integrity of the system by reporting and investigating any potential breaches of security;
- Assisting Senior Technical Support Officers and telephony section (ECHO) for all technical and telephony requests;
- Managing accurate inventory of Posts IT equipment, Satellite phones, Blackberries, Tapes etc.
- Training staff on use of FCO applications.
Corporate Services responsibilities (20% of role)
- First point of contact for utilities (REDAL), installation of water and electricity meters, monitoring consumption, billing and recording in FCO on-line systems;
- First point of contact for official telephones and internet connections (residential and office landlines, mobile phones, official internet subscriptions, cancellation and problem resolution).
- Act as a back up to close and open diplomatic bags.
The key competences for this job, which will be tested at interview, will be: * Setting Direction (Changing & Improving, Making Effective Decisions) * Delivering Results (Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace) * Engaging People (Collaborating and Partnering)
The monthly gross salary for this job will be DH 20338. The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance.
Please email your CV/resume along with a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining why you are suitable for the position to email@example.com The deadline for receipt of applications is close of play Monday 9 February.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. Our officers are recruited on merit through fair and open competition. We seek our strength through diversity and appoint suitably qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, social background age or disability.