In the build up to Tokyo 2020, there is a rapidly growing need for cyber security technologies and services in Japan. UK expertise in cyber security is well recognised in Japan and intensive discussions/collaborations are already happening at government and academia levels. British cyber security companies have also started seeing some success.
This project aims to help UK cyber security companies capture these potential business opportunities in the Japanese market, by producing a Japan Cyber Security Market Intelligence toolkit. Production of this toolkit will enable UK companies to understand the current Japanese market situation, make better informed decisions on whether to enter the market and how to take their next steps, and eventually win contracts. The toolkit will be shared with interested UK companies via webinars, seminars, and partners.
The successful bidder should have the capability and expertise to produce a Cyber Security Market Intelligence toolkit by mid-March. The toolkit will:
- build on the previous version from 2015, to help UK cyber security businesses in Japan.
- provide an overview of the current cyber market in Japan, including market size and prospects, examples of companies currently trading in Japan and the market sectors covered.
- detail in general terms how Japanese companies purchase cyber security services including the decision making process.
- cover the process for overseas companies to enter the Japanese market (direct sales/partnering etc).
- provide an assessment of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Japanese cyber security market, including market trends and opportunities.
- cover any other aspect that UK companies need to know in order to successfully win business in the Japanese cyber security market.
- include information on Japanese government, legal cyber policies, and governance.
- contain useful resources for UK companies to refer to
If you have any queries (including the request to access the previous toolkit from 2015), please contact: APAC.Procurement@fco.gov.uk
To find out more, including how to bid, please download
. The deadline for bids is 1700 on Wednesday 6 December 2017 (Japan time).