Planned roadworks in East Midlands: weekly summary for Monday 4 – Sunday 10 January 2016
This news article was withdrawn on
Summary of planned new and ongoing road improvements over the coming week.
The following summary of planned new and ongoing road improvements over the coming week is correct as of 30 December but could be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances. All our improvement work is carried out with the aim of causing as little disruption as possible.
M1 junction 28 to 35a, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Yorkshire: smart motorway
Until winter 2016, there will be various restrictions in place on the M1 between junctions 28 and 35a to allow for the construction of the smart motorway. These include lane closures, speed restrictions, hard shoulder running and overnight slip road or carriageway closures.
This week, the following closures will be in place:
- on Monday 4 January, both the entry and exit roads at junction 29 northbound will be closed between 8pm and 6am.
- on Tuesday 5 January, the southbound entry and exit roads at junction 29 will be closed between 8pm and 6am.
- on Wednesday 6 January, the entry and exit slips northbound at junction 29a will be closed from 8pm to 6am.
- on Thursday 7 January, the junction 28 northbound up and over, junction 29 southbound entry slip and junction 28 southbound exit slip will be closed between 8pm and 6am.
- on Friday 8 January, the M18 to M1 southbound link road will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
- on Saturday 9 January, the southbound exit and entry roads at junction 28 will be closed from 8pm to 6am, and again overnight on Sunday 10 January. Diversions will be clearly signposted.
A5 Mancetter, Warwickshire: carriageway repairs
There will be overnight closures north and southbound between 8pm and 6am. Diversions will be clearly signposted.
A45 Great Billing, Northamptonshire: barrier repairs
The exit slip road, and lane one, will be closed between 8am and 6am overnight until 8 January. Diversions will be clearly signposted.
A45 Billing to Earls Barton, Northamptonshire: sign improvements
The northbound carriageway will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am until 13 January. Diversions will be signposted.
A50, junction 1, Leicestershire: horticultural work
The westbound exit road and eastbound entry road will be closed overnight from 8pm on 5 January until 5am on 6 January.
A453 Finger Farm Roundabout to M1 junction 24, Leicestershire: survey work
There will be two overnight closures of the northbound carriageway, from 8pm on 6 January until 6am on 7 January, and again from 8pm on 7 January until 6am on 8 January. Diversions will be clearly signposted.
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.