M1 junction 19, Leicestershire: road improvement scheme
Overnight work between 9pm on Wednesday 2 December and 6am on 3 December will see closures on the M1 northbound at junction 10, the southbound at junction 20, and on the A14 to M1 link road.
- diversions will take M1 northbound traffic to the M6 at junction 1, north on the A426, and back onto the M1 at junction 20.
- southbound diversions will take traffic off at junction 20, south on the A426 to M6 junction 1, then east to rejoin the M1 and A14.
- A14 to M1 northbound traffic can continue onto the M6 as far as junction 1, then head north on the A426 to join the M1 at junction 20.
From 9pm on 4 December to 6am on 5 December, the A14 to M6 westbound link road, M1 to M6 northbound link and junction 1 southbound of the M6 will be closed for gantry installation.
- during this time, A14 to M6 traffic will be diverted onto the M1 northbound carriageway to exit at junction 20, head south on the A426 and then onto the M6 at junction 1.
- M1 to M6 northbound traffic can continue on the M1 to junction 20, then head south on the A426 to join the M6 at junction 1.
- the M6 southbound traffic will exit at junction 1, then go north on the A426 to Gibbet Hill roundabout. M1 southbound traffic will turn right here to head south on the A5 to join the M1 at junction 18. A14 traffic will continue up the A426 to M1 junction 20, south to junction 19, then join the A14 eastbound.
New lighting columns are being installed overnight on 5 December, starting at 9pm and ending at 6am on 6 December. This work will require closures of the A14 westbound from junction 2 to Catthorpe, the M6 exit slip road eastbound and the area between the two dumbbell islands at Catthorpe.
- while this work takes place, diversions will take A14 to M1 northbound traffic on the A45 at junction 13, and south to join the M1 at junction 15.
- M6 to A14 traffic will be diverted off at junction 1, north up the A426 to M1 junction 20, then south to join the A14 at M1 junction 19.
M1 junction 28 to 35a, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Yorkshire: smart motorway
Until winter 2016, there will be various restrictions in place on the M1 between junctions 28 and 35a to allow for the construction of the smart motorway. These include lane closures, speed restrictions, hard shoulder running and overnight slip road or carriageway closures.
This week, the following closures will be in place:
- on Monday 30 November, the northbound junction 29 entry slip road will be closed between 8pm and 6am. At the same time, the southbound carriageway near Tibshelf surfaces will close for surfacing. The M1 junction 33 northbound exit will also be closed during this time.
- on Tuesday 1 December, the junction 33 exit slip southbound will be closed between 8pm and 6am, with further closures at Tibshelf services to complete surfacing work.
- on Wednesday 2 December, the M1 junction 28 northbound entry slip will be closed between 8pm and 6am, as will the junction 34 exit slip.
- on Thursday 3 December, the exit slip southbound on the M1 junction 33 will be closed between 8pm and 6am.
- on Friday 4 December, the M1 junction 33 northbound exit road will be closed between 8pm and 6am, with the link between the M18 southbound and M1 northbound also closed.
- on Saturday 5 December, the M1 southbound exit slip will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
- on Sunday 6 December, the southbound M18 link to the M1 northbound will close overnight from 8pm to 6am.
M1 Trowell services, Nottinghamshire: bridge drainage work
Each night from Monday 30 November to Wednesday 2 December between 11pm and 5am there will be an overnight exit slip road closure and lane closures on the southbound carriageway at Trowell services.
M45 Dunchurch to junction 17 (M1), Northamptonshire/Warwickshire: resurfacing
There will be 24/7 closure of lane 1 and the hard shoulder on the eastbound carriageway until 8pm on 30 November. The eastbound carriageway between M45 junction 1 and M1 junction 17 will be closed overnight each night between 8pm and 6am.
A50 – M1 junction 24, Leicestershire: carriageway resurfacing and barrier repairs
The A50 eastbound carriageway will be closed overnight from 9pm until 6am between Warren Lane roundabout (junction 24a) and junction 24 from Friday 4 to Thursday 10 December.
A14 junction 7 to junction 3
There will be 24/7 layby closures and overnight carriageway and slip road closures westbound between 8pm and 6am until 2 December.
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.