Summary of planned new and ongoing road improvements over the coming week.
The following summary of planned new and ongoing road improvements over the coming week is correct as of 15 January but could be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances. All our improvement work is carried out with the aim of causing as little disruption as possible.
M1 junction 28 to 35a, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/Yorkshire: smart motorway
Until winter 2016, there will be various restrictions in place on the M1 between junctions 28 and 35a to allow for the construction of the smart motorway. These include lane closures, speed restrictions, hard shoulder running and overnight slip road or carriageway closures.
This week, the following closures will be in place:
- Monday 18 January, the northbound junction 28 exit slip road will be closed, junction 33 entry slip lane 2 will be closed, an up and over at both junctions 34 northbound and southbound. All closures will be between 8pm and 6am
- Tuesday 19 January, junction 34 northbound exit slip will be closed and there will be an up and over at junction 34 southbound. Closures will be between 8pm and 6am
- Wednesday 20 January, junction 34 northbound exit slip road will be closed between 8pm and 6am
- Thursday 21 January, junction 34 northbound exit slip closed, junction 33 southbound exit slip closed, and junction 35 southbound exit slip will be closed between 8pm and 6am
- Friday 22 January, junction 34 northbound exit slip will be closed, and junction 33 southbound exit slip will be closed between 8pm and 6am
No closures planned on Saturday or Sunday.
Diversions will be clearly signposted.
A43 Brackley, Northamptonshire: resurfacing work
From Thursday 21 January to Sunday 7 February the northbound carriageway will be closed from 8pm to 6am each night. There will be a 24/7 closure of the lay-by also.
A46 Widmerpool, Nottinghamshire: drainage surveys
From Monday 18 January to Friday 22 January (AM) the entry slip road will be closed southbound.
A46 Teal Park to Doddington Roundabout, Lincolnshire: road markings
From Monday 18 to Wednesday 20 January (AM) the northbound carriageway will be closed and there will be a lane closure on the roundabout between 8pm to 6am each night.
A46 Winthorpe, Nottinghamshire: bridge repairs
From Tuesday 19 to Friday 22 January there will be overnight closures of the northbound and southbound carriageway and lane closures on the roundabout between 8pm and 6am each night.
A46 Widmerpool to Willoughby, Nottinghamshire: carriageway repair
On Tuesday 22 to 23 January there will be a lay-by closure between 2pm and 5am (Wed AM) with slip road closure southbound between 8pm and 5am for emergency repair.
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.