Overnight maintenance and safety work starts at Glynn Valley on the A38
Essential overnight safety and repair work will be carried out on the A38 Glynn Valley next week to maintain reliable journeys for road users.
The work will be undertaken between 8pm and 6am for five evenings starting on Monday 9 November.
For the safety of drivers and our workers, a full closure of the road and diversions between Turfdown Cross and Twelvetrees roundabout will be required.
Project Manager, Roger Stribling said:
The work includes road stud renewal and white lining, tree management, safety barrier repairs, sign cleaning and replacements, gully cleaning and road sweeping.
There will also be resurfacing at Doublebois crossroads.
We will also carry out river bank stabilisation next to the A38, requiring the use of a crane between Bodmin Parkway and White Lodge, which will block the trunk road completely each night.
Clearly signed diversion routes will be in place, but we would advise drivers to allow slightly more time to complete their journeys.
For residents living in Glynn Valley, who require access during the work, please note the following:
- from Turfdown to Bodmin Parkway station, access will be from Turfdown Roundabout
- for White Lodge, access will be either via Mount Junction, North Lane and/or the St. Neot junction by the Halfway House.
- on the night of 9 November surfacing works are being carried out across Doublebois crossroads therefore on this night access to premises west of Doublebois crossroads (Carnglaze Caverns junction to Halfway House) will be signed via the A390 and North Lane rejoining the A38 towards the Halfway House. All St Neot traffic shall then access the village via the lane at the side of the Halfway House.
- access to premises between Twelvewoods Roundabout and Doublebois crossroads shall be off Twelvewoods roundabout.
For the rest of the week the following will apply:
- Trago employees and residents between Lower Lodge and Doublebois can access the A38 to the east via the B3360 and the A390
- Between Dobwalls (Twelvewoods) roundabout and Doublebois, access will also be via the Doublebois crossroads
For vehicles over 20 tonnes or greater than 14’9’’height:
Westbound vehicles will be diverted at Carkeel, Saltash, to take the A388 north to the Tavistock Road Interchange at Launceston and then travel west on the A30 to rejoin the A38 at Bodmin. Heavy Goods Vehicles travelling eastbound will be diverted to join the A30 eastbound at Bodmin and use the above diversion in the reverse direction to rejoin the A38 at Carkeel.
Members of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.