The closures, which will also affect the entry slip roads at junction 3, will take place overnight, when traffic flow is at its lowest. The closures are scheduled to take place as follows:
- Wednesday, 4 March – Thursday, 5th March: 9pm - 5.30am
- Friday, 6 March: 10pm - 6am
- Saturday, 7 March: 9pm - 6am
- Sunday, 8 March: 10pm - 5.30am
Further closures affecting the same stretches of carriageway and slip roads will also be in place from Monday, 16 March until the morning of Thursday, 2 April. The closures are scheduled to take place as follows:
- Mondays – Thursdays: 9pm - 5.30am
- Fridays: 10pm - 6am
- Saturdays: 9pm - 6am
- Sundays: 10pm - 5.30am
There will be a clearly signed diversion via the A30 to the M25. Drivers using these sections of the M3 are advised to plan their journeys and allow extra time to reach their destinations.
The westbound carriageway between junctions 2 and 3 as well as the M25 clockwise link roads to the M3 westbound will be closed overnight as follows:
- Monday, 16 March between 9pm and 5.30am
- Sunday, 22 March between 10pm and 5.30am
- Wednesday, 25 March -Thursday 26 March between 9pm and 5.30am
- Friday, 27 March between 10pm and 6am
- Saturday, 28 March between 9pm and 6am
- Sunday, 29 March between 10pm and 5.30am
- Tuesday, 31 March - Wednesday 1 April between 9pm and 5.30am
In addition, the entry slip road at junction 4a (Farnborough / Fleet) will be closed overnight on Friday, 6 March, between 10pm and 6am.
All work is subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Members of the public should contact the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 123 5000.
Journalists should contact the Highways Agency press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer.