The agreement provides public sector customers with access to interpreting and translation services from 13 suppliers, 10 of which are SMEs.
The new Language Services agreement, developed in conjunction with suppliers, charities, regulatory bodies and customers, is now live.
It has been designed to ensure all public sector organisations have access to high quality language services at a sustainable price. Features of the new agreement include:
- 250 languages and dialects covered
- a regional structure to provide increased opportunities for small businesses - 75% of suppliers on the agreement are SMEs
- the regional structure also supports sustainability by helping reduce carbon footprint through less travel
- UK based, security cleared translators available to ensure confidentiality and security
- a range of translation formats including braille, audio, large print and transcription
- secure exchange of documents 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
The agreement will also help ensure that public sector organisations that have an ethical and legal obligation, and are bound by the Human Rights and Equality and Diversity Acts, are able to provide equal access to their services regardless of cultural/linguistic background.
If you would like help understanding which service option will best meet your specific needs, please get in touch with our category experts:
Call 0345 410 2222