The HMCTS online service lets people charged with a traffic offence plead guilty or not guilty without the need to attend court.
How does the service work
To use the online service you must be either:
- the person charged with the offence
- an official representative of the company charged with the offence
To use the service you need:
- the notice the police sent you
- your driving licence
- your National Insurance number
- details of your income
- details of your outgoings, eg rent or mortgage, household bills
A call centre is available for people who cannot use this online service without help. Here is more information and support about this option.
What are the benefits
There will be no need to take time off from work to attend court. The service is available 24 hours per day and can be accessed from any internet enabled device – a laptop, tablet or mobile phone.