October 2015 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that Land Registry completed in October 2015.
In October 2015:
- Land Registry completes 1,559,023 applications
- South East tops the table of regional applications with 358,555
- Birmingham tops the table of local authority applications with 23,295
The Transaction Data shows Land Registry completed over 1,559,000 applications from its customers in October. This includes 1,526,964 applications by account customers, of which:
- 371,379 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings)
- 718,479 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan
- 211,221 were searches
- 99,686 were transactions for value
|Yorks and Humber||120,270|
|England and Wales (not assigned)||96|
|Isles of Scilly||40|
|Top three local authorities||Applications|
|City of Westminster||22,795|
|Top three customers||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||2,234|
|Countrywide Property Lawyers||1,032|
|Top three customers||Searches|
|Optima Legal Services||6,837|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the fifteenth working day of each month. The October Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Monday 21 December 2015 at data.gov.
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by Land Registry account customers were completed. For an explanation of the terms used, see Abbreviations used in the transaction data.
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to Land Registry to register the purchase of the property.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing over 24 million titles, Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter @LandRegGov and find us on our blog, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Press and PR Manager
1 Bedford Park
Telephone 0300 0067543
Mobile 07790 690297
Published: 20 November 2015
From: HM Land Registry