Nick Herbert is taking part in a live online Q&A to answer your questions on plans to change the face of policing over the next five years.
Hosted on the Number Ten website at 11.00 BST on Monday 2 August, you will be able to submit questions to the police minister during the Q&A directly into the CoveritLive discussion or via twitter.
Take part in our consultation
Earlier this week, the Home Office launched the consultation Policing in the 21st Century: Reconnecting Police and the People, which contains proposals for ways to make police in England and Wales more responsive, more accountable, more effective, and better value for money.
The consultation asks what you think about:
- electing police and crime commissioners who will make sure your local police focus on what is important to you
- creating a powerful new national crime agency to lead the fight against organised crime and strengthen border security
- ensuring police forces work more closely with each other and share resources where they can
- cutting bureaucracy and removing restrictive health and safety procedures to free up officers’ time
- getting people more involved in the work of their police forces
You can read the consultation and respond online here.
Transcript for Have your say on policing