The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) today launches a new agreement for Network Services which is anticipated to save government £50 million by making it simpler to access network and telecommunications services and by increasing competition in the market.
Almost a third of the suppliers on the agreement are small or medium sized businesses, and more than a fifth of them have never worked with government before.
Benefits of the agreement include:
- delivery of increased savings by simplifying access and increasing competition
- a multiple lot and supplier structure which provides more flexibility and choice for customers
- access to greater range of good quality suppliers across the market
- encourages supplier innovation; describing outcomes, not technologies
- supports PSN and non-PSN services
- a range of ordering procedures to improve the buying process and reduce the cost of your procurement
- compliance with government’s digital strategy
CCS developed the agreement by working closely with customers and suppliers to identify innovations and new solutions. It replaces the existing PSN Services, PSN Connectivity and Telephony Services agreements.
Further details of the agreement and how to access it can be found here