The Small Business Online Forum is a quick and easy way for small businesses to get answers to their tax questions, as well as help with:
- starting a business
- support for growing a business – including taking on employees and expanding
- buying and selling abroad
- completing tax returns
- tax credits
Linked to the forum, HMRC’s new dedicated webchat service offers direct support to businesses and the self-employed.
Mel Stride, Financial Secretary to the Treasury and Paymaster General, said:
The UK’s 5.4 million small businesses play a vital role in our economy. We want to help businesses get off the ground and support them as they grow.
That is why we are launching a new forum and webchat service which will give these companies useful hints and tips – including how to complete tax returns, grow a business and trade outside the UK – so that they can continue to flourish.
Notes to editors
- The Small Business Online Forum forms part of the government’s business tax roadmap announced at Budget 2016.
- A pilot was launched in March 2017 and since then the forum has grown to have more than a 1,000 registered users.
- The forum does not deal with questions about taxpayers’ individual circumstances. Any comments which include personal information will be deleted.
- While no personal or case-specific information is posted on the forum, customers may be offered help through HMRC’s webchat service and their personal case handled by an adviser.
- Follow HMRC Press Office on Twitter.
- HMRC’s Flickr channel can be found here