This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
From October 2011: The adult rate will increase by 15p to £6.08 an hour; The rate for 18-20 year olds will increase by 6p to £4.98 an…
From October 2011:
- The adult rate will increase by 15p to £6.08 an hour;
- The rate for 18-20 year olds will increase by 6p to £4.98 an hour;
- The rate for 16-17 year olds will increase by 4p to £3.68 an hour; and
- The rate for apprentices will increase by 10p to £2.60 an hour.
The Government is committed to the NMW because of the protection it provides to low paid workers and the incentives it provides to work. More than 890,000 of Britain’s lowest-paid workers will gain from these changes.
Notes to editors:
- The Press Notice where the Government accepted the Low Pay Commission’s recommendations can be found here:
- BIS’s online newsroom contains the latest press notices, speeches, as well as video and images for download. It also features an up to date list of BIS press office contacts. See [http://www.bis.gov.uk/newsroom](http://www.bis.gov.uk/newsroom) for more information.
Notes to Editors
Name BIS Press Office Job Title
Division COI Phone
Name Olivia Campbell Job Title
Division Department for Business, Innovation and Skills Phone 020 7215 5363 Fax
Published: 30 September 2011