Marine plan development workshops announced
New series of marine planning workshops for the north east, north west, south east and south west marine plan areas.
The Marine Management Organisation has announced a new series of marine planning workshops for the north east, north west, south east and south west marine plan areas.
The workshops are part of the next step in the development of the marine plans, which will formally start in February 2017, with the launch of a questionnaire.
This is an important stage in the first year of marine planning for these marine plan areas, providing the opportunity to see how the issues and evidence gathered as part of last summer’s call are being taken forward.
The workshops will discuss the issues and evidence database in more detail and examine what policies are needed to address the economic, social, environmental and governance issues in each marine plan area. The workshops will discuss potential policies in greater detail, feeding into the process for the next stage of plan development.
In addition the workshops will review the proposed new format for the marine plans, which is more interactive, linking to our Marine Information System (MIS), and understand more about how stakeholders expect to use the marine plans.
The workshops will be taking place in February and March at the following locations and times:
- Scarborough: Wednesday 15 February 2017, Crown Spa Hotel, 9.30am to 4pm
- Newcastle: Thursday 16 February 2017, Centre for Life, 9.30am to 4pm
- Blackpool: Tuesday 28 February 2017, Hilton Hotel, 9.30am to 4pm
- Carlisle: Wednesday 1 March 2017, Hallmark Hotel, 9.30am to 4pm
- London: Tuesday 7 March 2017, The Wesley Hotel and Conference Venue, Euston House, 9.30am to 4pm
- Colchester: Wednesday 8 March 2017, Rose and Crown Hotel, 9.30am to 4pm
- Falmouth: Tuesday 21 March 2017, National Maritime Museum, 9.30 am to 4pm
- Plymouth: Wednesday 22 March 2017, Future Inn, 9.30am to 4pm
- Taunton: Thursday 23 March 2017, Holiday Inn, 9.30am to 4pm
Tickets for the workshops are available via Eventbrite. An agenda will be available in early February.
Evening drop-in sessions We will also be holding two evening drop in sessions in the north east and south west for those who can’t attend these area’s workshops:
- Amble: Monday 13 February 2017, Amble Development Trust, 5 to 7pm
- Falmouth: Monday 20 March 2017, National Maritime Museum, 5 to 7pm
These events will include a presentation on the north east and south west marine plan areas respectively, which will run at 5pm and 6pm.