Liskeard transport firm fined £50,000
Cornish company fined and 16 of its drivers guilty of drivers' hours offences by Truro court.
Following a VOSA led investigation Liskeard company Darley Ford Transport (HGV) and Darley Ford Travel (PSV) were fined a total of £50,000 for driver’s hour’s offences, they were also ordered to pay full costs of £11,470.70 at Truro Magistrates Court on 26 October 2012.
Ten drivers were fined a total of £3,530 for drivers’ hours offences including taking insufficient rest, exceeding the 4.5 drivers’ hours rule, false records and failure to use a tachograph. They were also ordered to pay £3,482.33 costs.
Another 6 drivers were disqualified from driving for between 10 and 56 days.
VOSA Operations Director Heather Cruickshank said:
VOSA’s number one priority is road safety and investigators will always seek to prosecute those who risk the lives of other road users through arrogance and ignoring the rules.
Notes to editors
VOSA is responsible for:
- processing applications for licences to operate lorries and buses and registering bus services
- operating and administering testing schemes for all vehicles, including the supervision of the MOT testing scheme
- enforcing the law on vehicles to ensure that they comply with legal standards and regulations
- enforcing drivers’ hours and licensing requirements
- supporting Traffic Commissioners to help them make informed decisions on operator licensing, vocational drivers and bus registration requirements
- providing training and advice for commercial operators
- investigating vehicle accidents, defects and recalls
VOSA media enquiries
Press enquiries 0117 954 2561 / 3208
You should contact our press office if you have a media query or you’re a journalist.