Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating marine accidents to determine the circumstances and causes
- Preparing clear and accurate reports
- Reviewing reports received from outside the Branch
- Providing expert evidence to colleagues and occasionally at courts of enquiry
- Liaising with the general public and with organisations outside the Branch
You must be prepared to travel throughout the UK (for which you will need a full UK driving licence) as well as overseas.
You must also be a British citizen as this is a reserved post.
For further information about this position and how to apply see Civil Service Jobs, DFT/444/16/DFTc Inspector of Marine Accidents (Nautical).
Closing date: 26th August 2016.