Energy and Climate Change Secretary The Rt Hon Chris Huhne MP will set out his vision for a low carbon, secure economy in a keynote speech to CentreForum in London at 3pm today.
In ‘A blueprint for our energy future’, he will say
- why a $100+ oil price transforms the economics of low carbon and that staying addicted to fossil fuels is now the costly, high-risk option
- how climate change is already costing the UK economy, and why he believes a global climate deal WILL happen
- why the coalition puts insulating Britain’s homes so high on its agenda and how the Green Deal will end energy waste for good
- why we have to keep ALL low-carbon electricity options open if we’re to meet up to twice today’s demand in 2050, and
- why we must learn from the past and come out of recession with new advanced green industries for growth and job creation.
Read The Rt Hon Chris Huhne MP’s speech