Heather Lawrence is today confirmed as Non-Executive Director at the Independent Regulator of NHS Foundation Trusts (Monitor).
Heather will be leaving her post as Chief Executive of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust later this month.
Health Secretary Andrew Lansley said:
“I am delighted to announce Heather Lawrence’s appointment as a Non Executive Director of Monitor. She has a breadth of front-line NHS experience which perfectly equips her for this challenging role. Her knowledge of the NHS will offer Monitor’s Board insights that will help Monitor in the development and delivery of its duty to protect and promote the interests of those who use healthcare services.”
**Chair of Monitor, David Bennett said: **
“Heather is a very welcome addition to the team of Non-Executives at Monitor. She brings with her over forty years of front-line NHS experience from being a nurse to running one of the most high profile and successful Trusts in the country. Her expert knowledge of and contribution to the NHS will give our Board a perspective that is directly relevant to our future role.
“Heather’s achievements and expertise have benefited many leading organisations and policy makers during her distinguished career and I am delighted that we will have the opportunity to make good use of them in developing our new functions and fulfilling our duty to protect and promote the interests of those who use healthcare services.”
Monitor authorises and regulates NHS foundation trusts and supports their development, ensuring they are well-governed and financially robust.
Heather will take up post as Non-Executive Director at Monitor from 1st July 2012.
Notes to editors
- For media enquiries only, please ring the Department of Health on 0207 210 4939.
- Heather currently holds the post of Chief Executive of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice for Ministerial Appointments to Public Bodies, issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments. All appointments are made on merit and political activity played no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees’ political activity (if any declared) to be made public. Heather Lawrence has declared no political activity.
- Heather Lawrence does not hold any other public appointments.
- Heather’s appointment will be for four years and she will receive £325 per day for a time commitment of 2 to 3 days per month.
- For further information on Monitor visit the website.
- For further information on the process for managing public appointments visit the Public Appointments website.