Your responsibilities will include:
- Periodically reviewing and updating the H&S management policy and documentation.
- Periodically reviewing the general risk assessments and from this, identifying training an equipment requirements.
- Organising H&S training for inspectors.
- Arranging the purchase, maintenance, testing, repair and replacement of safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- Conducting routine site-specific risk assessments of the MAIB’s premises.
- Administering the MAIB’s safety committee meetings and tool-box talks.
- On those occasions when the scale of disruption or level of hazards warrants a dedicated H&S presence at an accident site, the post holder will be required to deploy to the site to support the lead inspector.
For further information about this position and how to apply see Civil Service Jobs, DFT/472/16/DFTc Health and Safety Manager.
Closing date: 10th August 2016.