The Department has announced details of the funding allocations for the additional £721,000 made available for new children’s hospices set up…
The Department has announced details of the funding allocations for the additional £721,000 made available for new children’s hospices set up within the last 3 years.
Details of the allocations are:
- Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice, Slough, £63,360
- Children’s Hospice South West, Little Harbour, £121,181
- Demelza House Children’s Hospice, Eltham, £121,181
- Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice, Huddersfield, £121,181
- Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, Barnet, £121,181
- The J’s Hospice, Chelmsford, £51,732
- Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice, Coventry, £121,181
The £721,000 grant is in addition to the annual £10m children’s hospice and hospice at home grant. Applications for the additional £721,000 grant were open to new children’s hospices or hospice at home services not in receipt of funding through the annual £10m grant.
Information on the process and eligibility criteria for the additional grant was published in July 2012.
The government has committed to continuing the annual £10m funding for children’s hospices until a per patient funding system is established by 2015.