Businesses are invited to apply for a share of £15 million to develop the innovative products, services and industries of the future.
Innovate UK is investing up to £15 million in projects that will stimulate the new products and services of tomorrow. These new innovations will have the potential to unlock billions of pounds of value to industry and disrupt existing markets.
An emerging technology is one that is progressing in, or has recently emerged from, the research base. It allows us to do something that was not possible before. Because of this, it disrupts existing markets and enhances value to customers. It can improve our lives and lead to new sources of wealth generation.
Enabling technologies underpin the development of high-value products and services in many industrial sectors and markets. They improve performance and productivity.
- harness emerging and enabling technologies across the economy
- develop and scale-up research and development to bring ideas, processes and products closer to availability at scale and commercial release
- use design processes to understand customer motivations and behaviour and use that insight to create better products, services and processes
We are looking to fund a portfolio of projects that include:
- technical feasibility
- industrial research
- experimental development
- this competition opens on Monday 3 October 2016
- the registration deadline is Wednesday 30 November 2016
- the application deadline is Wednesday 7 December 2016
- we expect projects to range from total costs of £35,000 to £2 million
- projects should last between 6 months and 3 years
- a business must lead the project but can work with others
- each project must involve at least one SME
- there will be a launch event in London on Friday 30 September 2016 (also available via webinar)
- there will be briefing events for potential applicants in Manchester, Belfast and Cardiff in October