The six Hondurans scholars studied a diverse range of subjects including – human rights, business, and public policies. The returning scholars are:
- Marlon Ochoa – University of Oxford
- Andrea Maria Argueta – City University
- Clarissa Carcamo – University of Aberdeen
- Patricia Solorzano – University of Aberdeen
- Policarpo Melara – University of Glasgow
- Daniel Montenegro – University of Leeds
On presenting their certificates, Andrew Tate said:
Congratulations on your achievements. I’m sure you will contribute to the development of Honduras, and as part of the Alumni Association, to spread the word about Chevening for other Hondurans to follow in your footsteps.
Chevening scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme which has been running for over 30 years. See the Chevening Website for more details of how to apply for the 2018 application round.