East of England top apprentices and apprentice employers announced
Regional winners announced at East of England celebration for National Apprenticeship Awards 2016.
The awards now in their 13th year, showcase many success stories and the benefits of apprenticeships across England.
Businesses and apprentices fought off tough competition by demonstrating how employers are growing their own talent with apprenticeships and how apprentices have made a significant contribution to their workplaces.
East of England winners and highly commended entries were announced at an awards ceremony held at Newmarket Racecourse.
This year’s winners for the East of England are:
- Apprenticeship Champion: Jessica Morris
- Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year: Bradley Joseph, Warburtons
- EAL Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year: Ben Chilver, Delphi Diesel Systems
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies Award for the Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year: Jack McCarthy, Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals (Ware) Ltd
And highly commended:
- Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year: Lauren Wiffen, Braintree District Council
- Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year: Michelle Hutchins, Braintree District Council
- EAL Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year: Kelly-Ann Stobbs, B3 Living
- EAL Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year: Joshua Peek, L&G Engineering
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies Award for the Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year: Rhiannon Hall, British Telecom
- Unilever Small Employer of the Year: Reed Autos Ltd
- Medium Employer of the Year: Metalcraft
- BAE Systems Award for Large Employer of the Year: John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance Ltd
- EON Award for Macro Employer of the Year: Ford Motor Company
- Santander Award for Newcomer SME of the Year: Proteus Waterproofing
- Rolls-Royce Award for Newcomer Large Employer of the Year: AVEVA Solutions Ltd
And highly commended:
- Unilever Small Employer of the Year: Suffolk Canine Creche
- Medium Employer of the Year: Rose Builders Ltd
- EON Award for Macro Employer of the Year: Greene King
- Santander Award for Newcomer SME of the Year: Forensic Healthcare Services Ltd
Following the 6 regional ceremonies taking place across England, winners from each category will have their entries sent for national judging. Three from each category will then be selected as national finalists. The very best employer category entries are also in the running to feature in the prestigious Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list 2016.
Skills and Apprenticeships Minister Robert Halfon said:
Apprenticeships are a ladder of opportunity, giving young people and adults the chance they deserve to get on and fulfil their potential.
Congratulations to everyone that has taken part in the National Apprenticeship Awards so far and the winners representing the East of England. They have demonstrated just how much businesses and learners can gain from an apprenticeship.
Sue Husband, director, National Apprenticeship Service, added:
The National Apprenticeship Awards enable talented apprentices and committed employers to receive the recognition they truly deserve. Our awards not only celebrate the achievements of apprentices and businesses alike but they also encourage others to get involved in apprenticeships.
Today’s winners are the best of the best in the East of England. I congratulate each and every one of them on their success and for those heading to the national finals, the very best of luck.
National award winners and the Top 100 Employers will be announced at a ceremony held on 20 January 2017 in London.
This year’s sponsors for the East of England awards are Cambridge Regional College and West Suffolk College.
Alternatively call 08000 150 600 or follow @apprenticeships on Twitter or National Apprenticeship Service on LinkedIn.