Does culture and sport make people happy?
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Learn how to use Taking Part survey data at our free event.
Taking Part is the Department’s flagship survey and the team here at DCMS are holding an event for people currently using or interested in using Taking Part survey data to inform their work.
The event will be held on the afternoon of Wednesday 28 November at DCMS. It will feature a series of presentations from external organisations that have successfully used survey data in their work on wellbeing, London 2012, everyday participation and local access to culture.
The afternoon will cover:
- Wellbeing: Using Taking Part data to understand if culture and sport make people happy
- London 2012: The effect of the Olympic and Paralympic games on sports participation
- Everyday participation: Discovering how people participate in culture in their everyday lives and what this participation means to them
- Analysis: The effect of access to culture along with socio-economic variables on rates of attendance in adults and children
- NETQuest: Its use and future options of independently accessing Taking Part data
Book your place
Places are limited and the event is invite only, to find out more and book your place email TakingPart@culture.gsi.gov.uk