Edinburgh is home to 2,500 businesses working in digital media. They are typically small and agile, employing over 40,000 people and contributing more than £800 million to Scotland’s creative industries.
Innovate UK, supported locally by CodeBase, is seeking projects that can exploit this already vibrant and dynamic hub.
We have up to £1 million available to fund projects that may be too risky for companies to take forward without any support, or that may take them into new innovative areas.
The Launchpad programme includes an offer to help applicants raise the additional external finance we expect they will need to fully fund the project and its commercialisation. Successful applicants will also take part in business support and growth activities running in parallel to projects.
- this competition is for micro and small digital media businesses
- we will fund up to 70% of eligible costs for industrial research projects
- the majority of project activities must be carried out in Edinburgh
- we expect total project costs to range between £100,000 and £120,000
- the competition opens on 8 June 2015
- applicants must submit a brief application form and a two-minute video
- the deadline for video submissions is noon on 26 August 2015
- a briefing event is being held at CodeBase in Edinburgh on 10 June 2015