Defra and its Arm’s Length Bodies will contribute £162m to the Government’s overall £6bn savings in 2010/11, amounting to 5.5% of its 2010/11 budget.
These in-year efficiencies will include the following elements:
- limiting recruitment and reducing the number of non-permanent staff;
- operational savings in IT, estates and procurement;
- a reduction in funding for Regional Development Agencies;
- efficiencies in flood management while maintaining an increase in expenditure; and
- savings within the delivery of selected programmes.
Further information can be found on the HM Treasury website