News story

Damage to business and property caused by flooding

If your home or business is damaged due to flooding you may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction or business rates relief.

Person standing in a flood

If your business property has been damaged and is no longer habitable due to the flooding being experienced in parts of the country you may be entitled to relief from business rates. Find out more about what constitutes a material change of circumstance – paragraph 8 relates specifically to flooding.

You may be entitled to a Council Tax reduction if your domestic property is no longer habitable.

In both instances please contact your billing authority in the first instance, who will be able to give you further guidance.

Published 19 February 2020