CSPL holds concluding roundtable meeting with key stakeholders for policing inquiry
The Committee held the meeting on Wednesday 18 March 2015.
Last week the Committee on Standards in Public Life held a concluding roundtable meeting with key stakeholders for its ‘Local policing - leadership, ethics and accountability’ inquiry. Below you can watch the key points of the meeting.
You can watch the complete recording of the roundtable here.
The roundtable meeting was attended by the following guests:
- Mary Calam- Director General, Crime and Policing Group, Home Office
- Lord Carlile - Chair of London Policing Ethics Panel, Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
- Jacqui Cheer - Chief Constable, Cleveland Police and Association of Chief Police Officers’ National lead for Professional Standards and Ethics
- Councillor Lisa Brett (Bath and North East Somerset Council) - LGA deputy chair of Safer, Stronger Communities Board
- Julia Mulligan - Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire, member of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners’ Integrity Group
- Ray Marley - Detective Superintendent, Surrey Police and the College of Policing lead on Ethics and Professional Standards
- Allyson MacVean - Professor of Policing and Criminology at Bath Spa University
- John Raine - Professor of Management in Criminal Justice at University of Birmingham
- Fraser Sampson - Chief Executive West Yorkshire OPCC
The following Committee members attended: