The Public Defender Service (PDS) Advocacy Unit are running free training events for crime legal aid providers, all of which are Continuous Professional Development (CPD) accredited.
These will be held in the evenings (5.30-7.30pm) in various parts of the country, from 10 September to 22 October. There are 2 CPD points for each session.
Training event topics
Various topics will be covered:
- Joint enterprise: the liability of parasitic accessory
- Historic sex cases: sentencing and trial strategy
- Pre-recorded cross-examination of vulnerable witnesses: procedure and learning points arising from the pilots
- Police stations: recent updates and case law on confessions, hearsay, privilege and identification
- Section 41: a practical approach
- Vulnerable defendants: the identification of vulnerabilities, intermediaries and the law
Booking your place
To attend one or more of these events, please click on the link below to book a place. We’ll send you an email confirmation which will include further details about the event.
If we’re over-subscribed for any events, we’ll also confirm this at the earliest opportunity.
The PDS was recently expanded to include the PDS Advocacy Unit. The Advocacy Unit specialises in serious and complex Crown Court cases and offers criminal advocacy services in a broad range of cases.
Our experienced advocates have had significant successes in the Higher Courts over many years and operate independently and impartially in their delivery of criminal advocacy services.
Our clients come first – we’ll always match a case with the most suitable advocate – and we provide continuity of service to develop strong relationships with all parties during a case.
Our team operates nationally, taking on cases throughout England and Wales. We’re also able to represent co-defendants with conflicting cases.
Book a place
Telephone: 0203 545 8924