London providers gain the option of using the online CRM14 eForm in November 2014 in tandem with responsibility for processing legal aid applications transferring across to the Legal Aid Agency.
The transfer will take place in two stages for magistrates’ courts in the following areas:
- 3 November 2014: London north, east and west
- 24 November 2014: London central and south
You can use the link below to open a document with a full list of the courts, transfer dates and where to send your applications.
What you need to do
Make sure that if you are carrying out legal aid in one of the listed London courts you make your application directly to us from the date of transfer.
You will have the choice of either using the CRM14 eForm or making a postal application direct to our criminal applications team (CAT). The addresses are listed in the court list document – see below.
Court drop-in sessions
You can find out more about what this means at one of our drop-in sessions. Please come along and talk to us about the changes between 9.30 am to 4.30 pm:
- Mon 20 Oct – Thames Magistrates’ Court
- Mon 20 Oct – Hendon Magistrates’ Court
- Wed 22 Oct –Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court
- Mon 27 Oct – Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court
- Tues 28 Oct – Barkingside Magistrates’ Court
- Wed 29 Oct – Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court
- Mon10 Nov – Thames Magistrates’ Court
- Mon 17 Nov – Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- Tues 18 Nov – Bromley Magistrates’ Court
- Wed 19 Nov – Westminster Magistrates’ Court
- Fri 21 Nov – Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court
Online training via WebEx on the CRM14 eForm
Our weekly online training sessions will help you get up to speed with the benefits of using the enhanced CRM14 eForm. These sessions take place every Tuesday from 4pm to 5pm.
Details of how to book are available by using the evenbrite link below.
These sessions are very popular and we ask for no more than five individuals from each firm to apply for a place.
WebEx online training – to book training on CRM14 eForm
Courts and processing London PDF – list of courts and transfer dates
Criminal legal aid processing: applications and digital systems
Contract signing launches installation of wi-fi in courts – news story