Academy 10th anniversary conference
Valuing commissioning? Commissioning Value?
This free one day event offered an exciting opportunity to explore the value of commissioning whilst managing ever more complex challenges to deliver better social justice outcomes. During the day delegates from all sectors considered how to respond to the commissioning environment more effectively by engaging and empowering service users, communities and policy makers alike.
A range of quality speakers offered examples of innovative commissioning approaches and service delivery models that demonstrated the integral value of commissioning. Speakers included the Department for Work and Pensions, Black Thrive Project, Government Outcomes Lab, St Giles Trust, Glasgow City Council, Golden Key, Community Circles and Revolving Doors.
Throughout the day delegates had opportunities to network and engage with peers and learn and share good practice. Learning and delegate feedback from this event will also help the Academy determine future areas of focus and support to enable members to meet these challenges and deliver improved social justice outcomes.
Session I – Valuing Commissioning?
• How has commissioning changed over the last 10 years?
• Why commission?
Session 2 – Commissioning Value?
• Why should engaging with service users and communities be an integral part of commissioning?
• How can a whole system approach deliver better outcomes?
Session 3 – Call to Action
• Where has innovative commissioning made a difference?
• How can the Academy better support you to deliver improved social justice outcomes?
• Next Steps?
Please see the attached presentation slide pack for further information on content.