Commercialisation of quantum technologies: apply for funding
Businesses could win a share of £19.5 million to develop quantum technology prototypes or establish technical or market feasibility.
Innovate UK and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) are inviting business to apply for a share of £19.5 million.
The aim of this competition is to encourage collaborative R&D projects and feasibility studies that will either:
- develop prototype devices and demonstrators of quantum technologies or their component technologies
- improve the understanding of the technical, business or market challenges of taking a new device or service to market
Feasibility studies can range in size from total costs of £50,000 to £400,000. They should last between 6 months and 1 year.
Collaborative R&D projects can range in size from total costs of £500,000 to £2 million. They should last up to 2 years and must be completed by 31 March 2019.
Quantum technologies is a new and exciting £1 billion sector which we predict will grow over the next decade. This competition is part of the government’s £270 million investment in establishing the UK as a global leader in this large and promising future industry.
- This competition opens on Monday 18 July 2016
- The registration deadline is noon on Wednesday 28 September 2016
- The application deadline for the expression of interest stage is noon on Wednesday 5 October 2016
- There will be briefing events for potential applicants:
There will be extra events in Birmingham and York in September. There will also be a webinar briefing on 6 September. We will publish links to these on the competition notice page when more information is available.
Published: 7 July 2016
From: Innovate UK