We are putting in place improvements to the Client and Cost Management System (CCMS) to help the growing number of providers using it for civil applications.
See below for details together with information on support such as online classes and Q&A sessions.
Use of CCMS is increasing with:
- more than 50% of new applications now being submitted on CCMS
- 1,066 organisations submitting nearly 40,000 new civil applications
- more than 2,000 bills being processed on a weekly basis
Forward button: Available from 1 June 2015, this button allows you to move forward through the means and merits interviews to the last question answered without clicking ‘next’. We will send users our CCMS eUpdate explaining how it works.
Bulk uploading bills: we’re working with software vendors involved in the pilot to release this functionality to more of their clients. We’re finalising a testing process to support other organisations who wish to develop a CCMS compatible product. We will provide more information in future articles on GOV.UK.
We’ll be introducing further improvements over the summer. These include:
- means and merits interviews – reducing the number of screens to make it quicker to navigate through the interviews
- amendments process – allowing you to allocate costs to advocates and do means reassessments while other amendments are in progress
- changes to the PDF copy of the bill you can print before you submit your claim – the improvements will make your bill easier to review
- billing interviews – reducing the number of screens and making it easier to navigate
- we’re also investigating a mobile version of CCMS to allow users to create part of the application away from the office
See CCMS website for details
Further information on these improvements will be available on the ‘Enhancing CCMS’ page of the CCMS website from 2 June 2015. The link to this page is below.
This will include details on when we expect to make these changes.
We are committed to supporting you as you gain experience using CCMS. The CCMS website contains information about:
- new Q&A sessions to give you the opportunity to ask general and case specific questions
- recorded master classes – available from mid-June
- CCMS website improvements – live from 12 June 2015 to make it easier for you to navigate the site
Your feedback email address: CCMS.firstname.lastname@example.org