70% of new applications now submitted on the Client and Cost Management System (CCMS).
We have seen a steady increase in the number of providers submitting applications through CCMS.
Almost 75% of providers have used CCMS to issue applications and 70% of new applications now come to us through the system. In the last week, over 4,500 bills were submitted online and this figure is steadily increasing. Some benefits of using CCMS:
- quicker processing of applications and bill payments
- simpler to monitor and track status of applications
- e-working saves money on administration costs
Why start to use CCMS now?
Last week, John Sirodcar, Head of LAA Contract Management, wrote to all providers encouraging the use of CCMS ahead of the system becoming mandatory for Special Children Act cases on 1 February and all other cases on 1 April. Many of you have fed back that it takes time:
- for staff to get trained up
- to become familiar with the system through regular use – although training is important, familiarity is critical to using the system efficiently
- to understand where you may want to adjust working practices.
Therefore, we recommend that you:
- start to submit your new civil applications electronically
- increase the amount of complex work you are processing through the system.
We are pleased that almost 75% of providers have voluntarily moved to using CCMS. We continue to roll out upgrades to the system ahead of the mandatory deadline of 1 April.
For more Information on how to get started visit the CCMS Website.
Published: 20 January 2016
From: Legal Aid Agency