On 16 August LAA announced that the procurement process for new civil legal aid contracts from 2018 will begin from mid-September 2017.
To inform the procurement approach for new Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme (HPCDS) contracts, organisations that may be interested in tendering for these are invited to attend market engagement events.
How do I attend?
Organisations interested in attending must register online. Links for online registration are detailed in the table below.
Places at market engagement events are limited to a maximum of 2 representatives per organisation.
Where events are overbooked, we may subsequently require that only 1 representative attends to ensure that the maximum number of organisations have the opportunity to participate. Representatives from prospective bidding organisations will be prioritised over third party consultants.
Organisations are encouraged to register for a single session, where possible, and to attend the event(s) in the geographic region(s) relevant to where they are interested in delivering services under a HPCDS contract.
When will events be held and how do I register?
There will be 14 market engagement events in total. The time allowed for each event is up to 2 hours but they may last less than this depending on the level of questions:
Birmingham - 29 August – am and pm
Manchester - 30 August – am and pm
Leeds - 4 September – am and pm
London - 5 and 7 September – am and pm
Liverpool - 6 September – am and pm
Bristol - 8 September – am and pm
What will happen at the market engagement events
At each event LAA will provide information on the proposed tender approach for HPCDS contracts and will welcome feedback on this from attendees.
At some events we intend to discuss specific HPCDS Scheme Areas arising from HPCDS consultation feedback as follows:
- Birmingham - HPCDS in the Midlands, including an in depth focus on the proposed Birmingham, Herefordshire and Worcestershire HPCDS area
- Manchester - HPCDS in the North West, including in depth focus on the proposed City of Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire and Shropshire HPCDS area
- London - HPCDS in London and the South East
- Leeds - HPCDS in the North East
- Liverpool - HPCDS in the North West, including in depth focus on the proposed Liverpool, Wirral and Cheshire HPCDS Scheme Area and North West Wales, North East Wales and Central Wales HPCDS Scheme Area
- Bristol - HPCDS in the South West and Wales, including in depth focus on the proposed North West Wales, North East Wales and Central Wales HPCDS area
What if I can’t attend on the session in my area?
For those unable to attend an event in person, LAA will also be holding a WebEx at 10am on 11 September 2017.
Is attendance mandatory if I want to submit a tender for an HPCDS Contract?
No. Attendance at a market engagement event is not required in order to submit a HPCDS Tender. However, it provides an opportunity for organisations thinking of bidding for an HPCDS contract to feed into the procurement approach.