Advocates are now able to make ‘payment on account’ submissions for high cost case work within the Client and Cost Management System (CCMS).
The change was made on 8 December 2016 and follows feedback from advocates.
What do I need to do?
You have 2 options.
- submit your request in CCMS if you are satisfied receiving 75% of the payment on account
- email your request if you would like to receive 100% of the payment on account: counsel_events_POA@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk
A quick guide is available on the CCMS website with more details of how to make either of these requests.
Benefits of CCMS submissions
- payments on account will be automatically recouped on payment of the final bill
- no adjustments will be needed if payments on account exceed the final bill amount
- payment can be made more quickly
If you choose to request a payment on account of 100% this will take longer to process than a request for 75%.
Interim bills submitted from 2 January 2017 will be rejected.
CCMS: closing cases and submitting bills
counsel_events_POA@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk – to email 100% ‘payment on account’ requests
Published 8 December 2016