Regulator opens statutory inquiry into The Park Charitable Trust.
The Charity Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales, has announced a statutory inquiry into The Park Charitable Trust (registered charity number 1095541). The inquiry opened on 13 June 2014.
The charity, which was registered in 2002, has objects that include the advancement of the Jewish faith and the advancement of Jewish education.
The regulator is investigating concerns about the loss of investment capital by the charity and potential unauthorised trustee benefits.
The inquiry will examine the charity’s approach to investments and the associated decision making of the trustees. It will also examine the governance of the charity by the trustees with specific regard to conflicts of interest.
It is the Commission’s policy, after it has concluded the inquiry, to publish a report detailing what issues the inquiry looked at, what actions were undertaken as part of the inquiry and what the outcomes were. Reports of previous inquiries by the Commission are available on its website.
You can view the charity’s details on the Register of Charities.
For press enquiries contact the press office
Notes to Editors
- The Charity Commission is the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales.
- Our mission is to be the independent registrar and regulator of charities in England and Wales, acting in the public’s interest, to ensure that:
- charities know what they have to do
- the public know what charities do
- charities are held to account
- Section 46 of the Charities Act 2011 gives the Charity Commission the power to institute inquiries. The opening of an inquiry gives the Commission access to a range of protective and remedial powers.
- The Commission’s decision to announce the opening of a statutory inquiry is based on whether it is in the public interest to do so and with consideration of our objective to increase public trust and confidence in charities. Read more information on the Commission’s policy and factors taken into account when deciding to issue a press release.