The Centre for Defence Enterprise (CDE) held a networking event for science and technology providers in London on 13 January 2015.
It took place in London at De Vere Canary Wharf.
Head of CDE, Andy Nicholson, introduced CDE and gave an overview of proof-of-concept research funding opportunities for innovative science and technology providers. View the presentation slides
Please note that the joining advanced materials and structures themed competition that was also due to launch at this event has been withdrawn from the current programme.
In addition, Military Advisers and technical experts from Dstl (the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory) gave an overview of some areas where innovative research ideas are sought for CDE’s ongoing enduring challenge competition. There will be a focus on protection and materials and structures. View the presentation slides
There were also interesting guest presentations from:
- The Armoured Trials and Development Unit View the presentation slides
- An adviser on Intellectual Property View the presentation slides
- The Manufacturing Advisory Service. View the presentation slides
Bruce Hardie, CDE’s Technology Manager, talked about how to create an effective proposal for CDE funding. View the presentation slides
CDE funds novel, high-risk, high-potential-benefit research. We work with the broadest possible range of science and technology providers, including academia and small companies, to develop cost-effective capabilities for UK armed forces and national security.
CDE is part of Dstl.
Centre for Defence Enterprise
Telephone +44 (0)30 67704236
Alternative number +44 (0)30 67704237
Please email for the quickest response.
Published: 13 November 2014
Updated: 14 January 2015
- Presentation slides added.
- Highly robust ground platforms competition video added
- Speakers added: the Manufacturing Advisory Service, and enduring challenge presentation on materials and structures.
- CDE themed competition: joining advanced materials and structures withdrawn from programme. Armoured Trials and Development Unit added.
- First published.