Strategy Development and Capacity Building for Development Finance Institutions
As part of the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund Green Finance Programme, the British Embassy in Brazil is commissioning a project that aims to assist the development of a Strategy within ABDE in support of Brazil’s COP 21 goals, and deliver Capacity building within two Development Finance Institutions affiliated with ABDE. The overall objectives are to:
- increase and leverage resources to finance projects that promote sustainable development and support UN Sustainability Goals and delivery towards Brazil’s Paris NDC commitments
- strengthen the adoption of international standards in the Development Finance Institutions aligning these standards with Brazilian legislation, and increasing the attractiveness of those institutions in the international market
- accelerate the development of the green finance market in Brazil, including through the role of Development Finance Institutions as role models
Deliveries and Results
The successful delivery partner will be expected to deliver the following activities:
1 - Design recommendations aligned with Climate Finance Strategy to reach Paris NDC agreements for ABDE:
- perform a national and international benchmark (including with the UK) with the objective to understand how development banks have an important role to play in the Climate Finance Strategy to reach Paris NDC agreements
- propose recommendations on how ABDE should to act in the Climate Finance Strategy to reach Paris NDC agreements, considering particularities of their members and geographic areas
2 - Capacity building with two affiliate members of ABDE on Green Portfolio Management: BDMG (Banco de Desenvolvimento de Minas Gerais) e BRDE (Banco Regional de Desenvolvimento do Extremo Sul):
- create appropriate indicators to measure the contribution of their investment portfolio to mitigate climate changes
- create appropriate indicators to measure the contribution of their investment projects to mitigate climate changes
- apply monitoring and evaluation tools of the Climate Finance Strategy to reach Paris NDC agreements for the two selected banks BDMG and BRDE
- long-term strategy and recommendations to Climate Finance Strategy to reach Paris NDC agreements for both selected banks BDMG and BRDE
3 - Workshop to disseminate the results of the above interventions with all ABDE members:
- share the results and lessons learned from the interventions to all ABDE members in a face-to-face workshop
- produce a management report (both Portuguese and English version) including the premise, methodology and results from the project, considering all the interventions as described above
The awarded Contractor will report to the Embassy’s Green Finance Head of Programme.
The Contractor will be responsible for all the research, including data collection, processing, analysing and reporting. In case of receiving information from the British Embassy, the awarded Contractor must agree with the confidentiality of the information as requested.
The contractor should agree to hold an introductory meeting, a final meeting (Management presentation) and monthly meetings to share progress, and agree decisions pertinent to the success of the deliverables of the project. More details in the schedule session.
The British Embassy can request possible adjustments in the products (reports) to be delivered and agreed by both parties. The objective is to ensure maximum success of the project and management of new products during the project.
The Contractor is responsible to deliver the products mentioned in item 3 in compliance with the Timeline and Payment method described in item 5 of the Terms of Reference.
The proposals must include:
- all elements which will be considered for tender evaluation (more information in Evaluation criteria doc), such as names and curriculum of the technical team of consultant(s) who will undertake the study and suggested methodology and sources to be applied in the research
- financial proposal of the study considering all charges and fees, in the range presented in item 5
- all proposals must comply with Gender Equality Act 2014 published by UK Govern with the objective to address gender equality
The parties interested to apply for this work should submit their proposals to BrazilGreen.FinanceTeam@fco.gov.uk by 12:00pm October 31st. For any queries during the application time, please forward an email to BrazilGreen.FinanceTeam@fco.gov.uk
Terms of Reference
Please check the full terms of reference on the attached document.
Please check the evaluation criteria on the attached document.