World news story
Call for Bids – British Embassy Bangkok Bilateral Programme Budget
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The FCO’s Bilateral Programme Budgets (BPB) fund small scale projects in support of British Embassy objectives. Bidding in Thailand is now open.
The British Embassy Bangkok is seeking to fund projects in Thailand this financial year in relation to:
- Conflict reduction in the Deep South
- Promoting a stable social and political environment
- Greater acceptance of freedom of expression
- Raising awareness of road safety issues
- Promoting the benefits of free trade and
- Development of education, R&D and infrastructure sectors to prepare for ASEAN Economic Community 2015
Funding for projects usually ranges from between £5,000-£15,000. Projects can only run for a maximum of one financial year (i.e. from April 2013 to March 2014). Co-funded projects are welcome. Project implementers may be non-governmental and international organisations, other civil society groups as well as governmental agencies in Thailand.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please complete the attached bidding form and email it to Orathai.Sanithvong2@fco.gov.uk by 26 July.
Further guidance and views on project concepts can also be sought before the deadline.
Follow British Ambassador Mark Kent on twitter @KentBKK
Follow the British Embassy Bangkok on twitter @UKinThailand
Follow the British Embassy Bangkok on UKinThailand Facebook