Businesses sign up to online tax account
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
More than half a million businesses have signed up to an online tax account – Your Tax Account – HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) announced today.
Launched in May 2014, Your Tax Account will, over time, enable small businesses to access everything they need to manage their tax affairs in a single, secure, online space. HMRC has worked with business customers to ensure it reflects their needs and is user-friendly.
The core of the current service is a personalised homepage from which businesses can access:
- links to the key transactions they need to complete (for Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, Pay As You Earn for employers and VAT)
- an overview of their key tax records
- a summary of their current liabilities
- direct links to information and guidance, plus interactive tools
- links to payment information and how to pay.
More services will be added as the product develops.
David Gauke, Financial Secretary to the Treasury, said:
HMRC is becoming an increasingly digital business. My ambition is for HMRC to offer all taxpayers – individuals, businesses and agents – their own online tax account.
Your Tax Account gives businesses easier, quicker and simpler access to the information and services they need in one place, and is already proving popular with them.