Innovate UK is to invest up to £500,000 on developing solutions that help businesses access information on how they can improve productivity.
Businesses currently don’t have free access to information on the range of improvements available. These solutions will help them find new opportunities to improve productivity levels where they work. They will support companies at all levels – from business leaders and management to employees.
Funding is available for feasibility studies on one or more of the following:
- technical solution
- commercialisation plan for taking the solution into the market
- possible commercial models
Proposed solutions should:
- enable businesses to confidently simulate the benefits of these opportunities in a safe environment
- provide businesses with trustworthy information on the best opportunities
- provide users with a strong incentive to act
- help to de-risk the business case for adopting improvements
- be free-to-use
- adopt a commercial model that is fair to the suppliers of business productivity improvements
Innovate UK is running this competition with the Productivity Leadership Group. This is phase 1 of a 2-phase Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition.
- this competition opens on Monday 24 July 2017
- the registration deadline is midday on Wednesday 27 September 2017
- the application deadline is midday on Wednesday 4 October 2017
- there will be a briefing webinar for potential applicants on 3 August 2017
- SBRI is open to any type or size of organisation
- successful projects will attract 100% funded development contracts
- you can work alone or with others such as businesses, research base and third sector
- we expect projects to last up to 4 months and to finish by Friday 30 March 2018
- projects can range in size up to a total cost of £110,000 (including VAT)