This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
To celebrate the International Friendship Day,British Embassy Kuwait launches a competition for the best photo demonstrating the Kuwait-UK friendship
The world, including the UK and Kuwait, celebrated the International Friendship Day on 30 July. In order to highlight the very special relationship between the UK and Kuwait, the British Embassy in Kuwait is launching a competition to search for the best image that demonstrates the Kuwait-UK friendship. A broad range of images that are creative, positive and of good quality are eligible to enter the competition. These might show a personal friendship, or demonstrate an ongoing cultural link between Kuwait and the UK. To enter, potential participants simply need to post their photographs on Instagram or Twitter before 25 September 2013, making sure to use the hashtag #q8ukfriends and mention @ukinkuwait.
To be in with a chance of winning, entrants will also need to email a copy of their image in JPG format (max size 5Mb) to email@example.com. The winning entrant will be contacted by the Embassy after the closing date. In entering you agree to allow the FCO to use your image on FCO social media channels.
Eligibility and rules
- Photos must be a JPG format and a maximum of 2500 pixels wide (if landscape) or 2500 pixels high (if portrait) and a maximum size of 5Mb in JPG format. Images should be in standard RGB colour space.
- You may only submit photographs that you personally took. You will be responsible for any copyright issues.
- In entering, you agree to allow the FCO to use your image on FCO social media channels, without restrictions, although credit will be given where appropriate.
- Email a copy of your image in JPG format (max size 5Mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No submission will be accepted after the deadline 25th September 2013
The winning photo will be selected by a panel based on creativity, quality and popularity on Facebook.
- Winner will have the opportunity to join one of the Embassy’s social events.
- Winner will be awarded a symbolic gift which will be handed to him/her by the British Ambassador.
- Winning photo will be displayed at the Queen’s Birthday Parties 2014.