This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Business Embassy (BBE) on 9 June 2014 in Liverpool will be the opening event for the International Festival for Business (IFB).
Leading business men and women from across the UK will speak at the British Business Embassy, hosted by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI).
Representing the best of British business to an international audience, they will discuss the global challenges and future opportunities for the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing sectors.
Speakers confirmed include:
- Ana Botín - CEO Santander UK
- Mark Elborne - CEO GE UK
- Ron Dennis CBE - CEO and Chairman, McLaren
- Jim O’Neill - Chairman of Cities Growth Commission
- Steve Varley - Ernst & Young, UK Chairman, Regional Managing Partner UK & Ireland
- Sir Terry Leahy
- Luis Alvarez - CEO BT Global Services
Building on the success of previous UKTI’s British Business Embassy events it will take place at the iconic St George’s Hall, in the centre of Liverpool. It will provide a unique platform for senior decision makers from the global business community to hear about key themes for international economic growth and investment.
Watch video highlights from the event
The BBE will also have a showcase of innovative British products including:
- Bloodhound Speed Car - a full scale, interactive model of a car that aims to be the first to ever reach over 1,000mph.
- Intelligent Energy Hydrogen Motorbike - the ENV (Emission Neutral Vehicle) is an electric motorbike powered by a hydrogen fuel cell.
- 17TH Design Morph Wheel - the world’s first ever folding wheelchair wheel.
UKTI at IFB
There are other UKTI activities throughout the IFB including 16 free events that companies can join to discover the opportunities available across a range of countries and sectors.